- Do not have anything to eat on the day of the appointment.
- Do not have anything to drink for 6 hours prior to the appointment. (Small amounts of water are acceptable).
- You must be accompanied by an adult 21 years of age or older. You may have someone accompany you to your appointment; however once the oral sedation has been administered they will be required to leave the operatory.
- If you take any medication regularly that has been prescribed by your physician, you may take them on schedule the day of your appointment. USE ONLY A SMALL SIP OF WATER.
- If you should develop a cold, flu or other respiratory illness close to the time of your appointment, please call our office for possible rescheduling.
- The patient must remove all oral piercing type jewelry including tongue or lip posts and rings.
- The patient should remove contact lenses prior to coming to the office.
- Do not wear or apply body lotion or powder as they can affect our monitoring system’s efficacy.
- Following oral sedation: DO NOT drive a car, drink alcohol or operate machinery/hazardous equipment for 24 hours.
- The patient MUST be supervised for at least 6 hours after surgery.
You may resume normal activity only if you feel no continued effects from the medication (usually the next day)
If you have any questions please call our office at (780)539-0404